Friday, April 4, 2014

Pickle Fried Chicken!

I love fried pickles, and I love fried chicken, so I tried an experiment!  I chopped some spicy dill pickles in my small processor, patted and squeezed them dry with paper towels, and added them into the flour mixture I use to make fried chicken.  It turned out sooo tasty!  Try it!

Pour your oil into your cast iron skillet and heat.  Beat egg and milk in one bowl.  Salt and pepper your chicken strips.  Mix about one cup of pickles to two cups of flour (or more pickles, to your taste).  Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then the flour mixture, and repeat.  Make sure your oil is ready for frying, and place the chicken in the oil (don't crowd the pan).  Flip when golden brown on the edges, and fry on the other side - then drain on paper towels!

See the green flecks?  That's the pickles!


No comments:

Post a Comment