Thursday, January 22, 2015

Stir-Fry Time!

An easy stir-fried rice dish - my husband said was delicious!

Take 1lb thin chicken breasts and slice into small strips.  Heat olive oil in a big skillet and stir fry the chicken (seasoned with S&P) until just starting to brown.

Meanwhile, boil two bags of brown rice according to directions (I used HEB boxed rice bags).

I used a pre-made stir fry vegetable package (broccoli, carrots and snowpeas) from the produce section and added the entire contents to the skillet with the chicken and seasoned (I used Bill's Seasoning).  I also added half a chopped white onion.

Stir fry until the veggies are tender.

Open the bags of brown rice and add to the chicken and veggies, press down, and let it sit a few minutes while the rice browns a bit, then stir and do the same again.  Pour soy sauce over the entire mixture each time, being careful to taste and not over season.

(I scrambled a couple of eggs in another pan, since I don't like eggs, and stirred them in after I got my plate served!)

Note:  Continue to season and taste this dish - careful to not get it too salty!

Serve with a slice of wheat toast!




No comments:

Post a Comment