Wednesday, October 21, 2015

What to Do Dinner

We needed to go to the store, and I only had bits and pieces of ingredients in my fridge and vegetable bid...so what to do?!

This ended up tasting SO GOOD:

Here's what I had:

Cooked chicken
Yellow and red bell pepper
2 potatoes
1 sweet potato
1 onion
tortillas
1 can black beans
pepper jack cheese
4 cherry tomatoes

I diced the potatoes and put them in a skillet with hot canola oil to get them started.  Meanwhile I chopped the bell peppers and onion and tossed them in, as well.  I seasoned well with seasoned salt, salt and pepper, cumin and chili powder.  Not stirring them for a while, I let them sizzle and cook until starting to brown, and then I tossed in the other veggies.  Next, I added the cooked chicken and drained and rinsed beans (I only used about 1/2 can) once the veggies were tender and cooked until heated through.  When served, I topped with shredded cheese and sliced cherry tomatoes.

While all of that was cooking, in a separate pan I heated about 2 inches of canola oil.  I sliced tortillas into rectangles and when the oil was hot, I dropped in about 7 at at time.  They cook quickly, and I drained them on paper towels, dusting with kosher salt and lightly with chili powder.

Together it all made a meal!



No comments:

Post a Comment