Wednesday, January 6, 2016

BLT in Five

I bought myself a cookbook after Christmas - Michael Symon's 5 in 5 - where he lists recipes with five ingredients that can be made in five minutes!

Here's one we tried tonite, and it's a keeper.  I adjusted a few things, depending on what I had:

Bacon (smoky), fried and drained
Brioche buns (I just used bread that I had)
Dijon Mustard
Hot Sauce
Avocado slices
Sliced Tomato
Torn basil leaves
S&P

Fry the bacon, drain on paper towels.  In a small bowl mix Dijon Mustard with a little hot sauce (I used salsa that I had).  Spread this on your toasted bread.  Top with the avocado (salted and peppered), then the bacon and lastly the tomato and basil.  Cut and serve.

Simple ingredients, but the mustard and the S&P on the avocado, along with the basil, put this sandwich on my favorites list!


No comments:

Post a Comment