Thursday, July 7, 2016

No Longer

Usually my nightly "pinch" is a recipe, a product, or a cool something to try...but tonight it's a testimony...

I struggle with fearful thoughts quite often, and last week it dawned on me that I "wear" those thoughts too often.  I realized that fear is not something my Father has given me to wear, and I am free to toss it off of me when it lands on my shoulders.  Somehow, it clicked.  When fear starts to enclose on me, I visualize myself shrugging off that heavy itchy coat in favor of walking unburdened and unweighted down.

It's stuck with me.  Yes, the fearful thoughts have been there, but I'm saying, "No, thank you, not wearing that today," and they're going away!

Tonight I stepped outside our church and looked up at the cross on the mountain, the moon to the side and a star to the side of the moon and was reminded to whom I belong and who holds me forever.

I hope this pinch encourages you tonight, like it did me!  And take time to listen to this incredible song with the same message....




No comments:

Post a Comment