Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Roasted Sweets

This recipe called for Yukon potatoes, but all I had was sweet potatoes...and they came out so yummy!

I peeled and cut two large sweet potatoes into chunks, and boiled them in water on the stove for about 7 minutes.  Meanwhile, I pulsed two cups of sourdough bread into coarse crumbs in the food processor.  In a bowl I put the crumbs, 1/4 olive oil, 1 clove garlic grated, 1 tsp lemon zest, and pepper.  After draining the potatoes, I tossed them in the crumb mixture and placed them on a baking sheet.

The potatoes then went in the oven at 450 degrees (preheated, of course) for about 10 minutes.  Then I sprinkled 1/4 cup each of parsley and parmesan cheese on top, and roasted 5 more minutes.

If needed, you can add more salt, and serve with lemon wedges...or they taste soooo good alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment