Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Pasta a la Tres!

I had this recipe for tomatoes and angel hair pasta, only I didn't have near enough tomatoes!  So here is my rendition of this pasta recipe that I guess I'll call Pasta a la Tres - because I added three different ingredients!

In a skillet heat some olive oil and chopped onion (because I was out of garlic!) and cook for a couple of minutes.

Meanwhile boil some water and then add in 1/2 lb angel hair pasta.

Into the skillet, add 10 oz pkg cherry tomatoes, chopped zucchini and kalamata olives (the two other ingredients I added), and a 1/2 tsp salt.  (Don't salt your pasta water too much, because the olives add plenty of salt.)

While the veggies cook, chop some fresh basil and shred some Parmesan cheese.

Add in a bit of the pasta water into the veggie mixture and simmer until about half the tomatoes burst.

Now assemble:

Drain the pasta, place in your dish.  Top with the veggie mixture and toss.  Sprinkle with the cheese and basil.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment