Friday, June 5, 2015

From the Fridge Pulled Tacos

I had these ingredients in my fridge, and needed to make dinner:

Corn tortillas
Leftover chopped chicken
brussel sprouts
carrots
mixed greens
cucumbers
red onion
and a few fresh tomatoes from our vines
frozen prepared pulled pork

I heated the pulled pork according to directions.

I grated all of the veggies into a bowl, added lemon juice, S&P, and some sugar - to taste - to make a slaw

In a bit of canola oil I fried the tortillas, using tongs to shape them into a taco shell, drained them on paper towels and sprinkled a bit of kosher salt on each.

We then prepared pulled pork tacos, and they were really, really good! And oh, so fresh!

And now the fridge is cleaned out, ready for groceries, whenever I get to the store...



No comments:

Post a Comment