Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Tostada Time

It's one of those night where I have a little of this and that...and what should I make...so I opted for Tostadas and they tasted great!

I had some cooked, shredded, seasoned chicken (salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder), and corn tortillas, so all I need to make was more toppings.

I diced a large russet potato, a zucchini, half a white onion, and one seeded jalapeno, and fried in a bit of olive oil until browned and tender (seasoned with S&P)

I also diced a cucumber and red onion, and topped with lime juice and orange juice, along with salt.

Finally, I grated some cheese and I had a bit of leftover homemade salsa.

Just before assembling, I heated olive oil in a small frying pan and fried one corn tortilla at a time until crisp, drained on a paper towel and sprinkled with kosher salt and chili powder.

We topped a corn tortilla with the chicken, the potato mixture, the cucumber mix, the cheese and the salsa.

It was really, really good!




No comments:

Post a Comment